KUALA LUMPUR – The public has been urged to undergo an immediate check-up if they have symptoms or have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case, said Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.
He said if found positive either through the RT-PCR (Real-Time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) or RTK Antigen (Rapid Test Kit Antigen) test, individuals need to inform the Ministry of Health (MOH) through self-notification on the MySejahtera application or the nearest district health office.
“Bring the test results and come to the nearest COVID-19 Assessment Centre (CAC) in your state for further assessment,” he said in a post on his Facebook, yesterday.
He said the CAC would classify COVID-19 patient levels to determine subsequent patient management, including approval of home treatment.
The role of the CAC is to identify suitable patients to be monitored at home by assessment using the “Home Assessment Tool” as well as to identify and assess patients on the severity of the infection.
Dr Noor Hisham said MOH, through various levels and channels, would inform the steps that must be followed and practised by patients throughout the treatment period at home.
“The CAC will also identify patients who need referrals to the COVID-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centre (PKRC) or hospitals, namely Category 1 and 2 patients who are not suited to be placed and are not suited to be monitored at home.
“CAC also functions to coordinate referrals from health clinics to the PKRC or to hospitals,” he said, adding that the public can contact the CAC through the telephone numbers specified by their respective district health offices.
He said that in general, each district has one or several CACs led by a coordinator, depending on the number of patients managed.
The latest list of CACs (until June 1. 2021) can be accessed via the link http://covid-19.moh.gov.my/hotline.
The Sabah government in a related development, has allowed all mass media in the state to operate fully according to their respective needs during the Movement Control Order (MCO) for 14 days starting today.
State Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Masidi Manjun said the permission was given due to the media’s important role in helping the government to convey and disseminate authentic and up-to-date information to the people.
“This approval is given by mandating compliance with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) set by the National Security Council and the Ministry of Health,” he said in a statement. here, tonight.
He was previously reported to have said that the operating hours of media coverage were limited from 7 am to 7 pm with the broadcast media allowed to operate until 3 am to process broadcast materials, and print media were given permission for full-time printing operations.
Meanwhile, Sabah Journalists Association president Datuk Mugunthan Vanar said the association thanked Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor and Masidi for their concern.
“The removal of the 12-hour working limit of 7 am to 7 pm is the right step for the media,” he said through the Whatsapp application.
Commenting on the new COVID-19 cases, Masidi said the number of new cases yesterday increased to 318 cases compared to 207 cases the day before and out of the total new cases, 217 cases were detected from close contact screenings.
He said 13 districts in the state recorded an increase in new cases yesterday compared to May 31 with Tawau recording the highest increase from 62 cases to 90 cases, Lahad Datu from 31 cases to 43 cases and Kota Belud 12 cases to 22 cases.
“Eight districts recorded a decrease in cases Jun 1 and seven districts did not record any new cases, namely Beluran, Telupid, Tongod, Pitas, Kota Marudu, Keningau and Tambunan.
“The change in cases for each district is not static except for the districts that still maintain Green Zone status, and the increase in cases indicates the probability that there is still non-compliance with the SOPs among the community,” he added. SUMBER – HARAKAH ENGLISH